I thought I'd pop on today to show you what I've been up to this week.......
I decided to spice up one of my Kilner jars that I keep craft flowers in. Layers include:
Summer Wedding Tilda coloured in old paper and walnut stain DI's, shabby white frantage added and machine stitched to next layer.
Raspberry road digi paper cut into shape with spellbinders nestie label twenty three and stamped randomly with kaisercraft postage stamp.
Peeled cardboard to expose ridges with added white paint here and there.
Cheesecloth on top corner tucked in between the digi paper and the cardboard layer with lace and WOC flowers on top.
I stapled a tab of lace to the bottom right hand corner and tied a flower charm to the white ribbon that I used to tie the whole thing to the jar.
This is the front of the jar, the reason why I did it this way round was because there was more room at the back for the image and I didn't want it getting damaged by the clasp. I tied two tags to the neck of the jar with string as an extra texture.
A closer look at the tags: both cut using Magnolia doohickey tag die, bottom one is made from more cardboard, lots of white paint and another stapled lace tab. The top one was made by stamping Tildas heart flowers stamp onto watercolour paper, cut using the doohickey tag and then coloured with the DI's. I used an SU punch to cut out the little flower hole strenghthener and used lace and seam binding to join the tags together.
I would love to join in with the following challenges:
MDUC - Photo inspiration - I was inspired by the containers (hence the altered jar), the bleached wood, the white flowers and the white material of the table runner.
Bunny Zoes - Bingo
(2 lines across the top and across the bottom: Flowers, stitching, charms/ribbon or lace, die cuts, tag)
Marvelous Magnolias - Lots of lovely layers
Magnolialicious - Lacey lace
Thank you all for visiting my blog it really means a lot x
I will be back as soon as I've made something else to show you :o)